Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Still Here. Still Working


It’s hard to blog regularly. Blogging doesn’t pay money and sometimes finding the time to indulge the inner health writer is hard to do, particularly when going to work and rehearsals and all those other bits and pieces that seem to hold my life together so beautifully. However, despite what my absence might imply, I’m still doing it. I’m still doing WW and doing it successfully. I’ve also started working at Curves gym for women again which has fulfilled my need for exercise pretty perfectly. Despite being sadly low on funds, I’m doing pretty well.


“How well?” You might find yourself asking.


Weeeeeelll…in the 13 weeks I’ve been doing Weight Watchers I’ve:


· Lost 17.4 pounds.


· Lost 16+ inches.


· I've been regularly meeting my daily healthy foods guidelines.


· I’ve been working out 3+ times a week.


· My clothes are looser.


· My life is more organized.


I have more energy than I’ve had in 5 years.


So, I guess what I’m saying is that this is working for me. I’ve not expected miracles. What I have expected is that being a better me requires hard work to yield substantial results. Thus far, my expectations have been met. What I’m doing right now is not unsustainable and I can continue to do it for the foreseeable future. Win-Win.


Speaking of the foreseeable future, I do have something to work towards. My husband and I have scheduled a cruise for January 2012. That’s 290 days and 41 weeks to get into the best shape that I can for that vacation. In the next few days, I’m going to set some goals and make a plan to reach those goals. Nothing unreasonable, though. This is about me getting healthy, not about dropping pounds as fast as I can. As Aesop’s famous tale once said, “Slow and steady wins the race.”

No comments:

Post a Comment