Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hello From the Farm

It is 8AM and I am sitting in a cabin by the Pocomoke River. The sun is sparkling on the water and birds are swooping in for their morning catch. Three of my best friends (one being my husband) are curled up on a giant floor palette after a night of Catchphrase and Apples to Apples and I can smell a hint of smoky vanilla in my hair where some really good whisky was spilled by the campfire last night.

If you can't tell, I am on vacation and it feels great.

I had every intention of posting my blog to the boys before we left and now I don't have the pictures I need, so I am posting this instead:

I am on vacation and I am not counting points.

Now some of you are thinking that I have gone insane, that this is not the Actress Geek you've come to know and love. I understand your trepidation and I feel it myself. This will be the first time that I have not tracked my food intake since starting Weight Watchers in January and I admit that I feel a little naked. For four days, I am flying without a net and it was a little scary...which is interesting because I had been looking forward to the great binge weekend for months now.

Who am I kidding? I was terrified that I would damage everything I worked for in four days. Yes, it was ridiculous to think that, but, quite frankly, I didn't get a weight problem without a few extremes in my life. Somewhere, in the recesses of my mind, there was someone telling me that I would gain 30.8 pounds back in four days and I kind of believed it. I had a moment where I freaked out right before I left.

Then, it all went away when I realized that I have been eating pretty healthily on this vacation.

Yes, I have indulged, but I have made some wise decisions, too. I got the waffle cone at Island Creamery, but only one scoop. I spent thirty minutes playing in the ocean for exercise and I have been eating the farm's fresh produce like it is going out of style.

The thing is, I am not doing these things because I fear the gain anymore. I realized yesterday that I am making these better choices because that is what I now prefer and that makes this the best vacation ever.

Well, my cohorts are now stirring, so I am going to cut this short, but before I do, I want to thank you for the outpouring of support that I am receiving from this blog. I never expected so many people would be touched by what I am doing and I am honored by that. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Until next time, this is your Actress Geek saying that you should forgive any mistakes that bloggers make as they post from their iPads whilst on vacation.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:The Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment